Monday, August 4, 2008

Keeping Busy

They say that idle hands are the devil's workshop, so in an attempt keep out of trouble, I have taken up beading. I found some jewelry making kits at my local Hobby Lobby and purchased two as they were on sale for 50% off. That makes sense, right?




Not too shabby for my first attempt. The necklace took most of a day to make, while the bracelet and earrings went much faster.


And my second attempt. I have yet to make the earrings, but haven't decided if I want to deviate from the kit's design on those yet. I've already gotten compliments from strangers on my nice jewelry.

Well, this has been fun. I purchased a labradorite faceted pendant bead yesterday along with some coordinating beads so that I can make yet another necklace and matching bracelet and earrings. I could get into this.



2 comments:

Wonder Schwermin said...

Oooh - so pretty. I have made a few pieces of jewelery, but whenever I enter the bead store I become baffled and confused as to what to get. I think I'll look into the kit thing to get me past my befuddlement.
Carol

Marilyn said...

Thanks, wonder schwermin. I know what you mean about trying to decide what beads to pick and then how to use them. That is the neat thing about the kits. And definitely save the instructions! If you liked the end product, you could then go out and pick different beads and a different pendant in different colors for a completely different piece of jewelry. In fact, that's just what I did. Once it is finished I will blog that project.

Have fun if you decide to take the plunge.